Thursday, August 31, 2017

Monitoring progress in using mental models introduced in tommisalmanack.

I need to monitor the things I do by using the latticework of mental models to get the right picture about my progress. This blog is only for introducing to people how to use mental models in daily life and keeping track to myself what I have actually done. I will monitor my progress every day, but I will tell what I have done only once a month. I will also give reports about the first and second half of the year.

These reports will show people at least the time at my laptop, the sites I have visited the most, how productive my time with the computer has been. (I have been monitoring it by using RescueTime, which has an algorithm I don´t know of.)

I will also tell you how much time I have used for reading. I will also have a list about all the non-fiction books I have read and taken notes. I may give some comments about some of them, but I am not going to write any reviews. I have noticed lots of differences about the quality of the books. Even the most popular authors may have serious flaws in understanding how things really work. I probably have the same problem, but at least I am noticing it and learning constantly.

I have started measuring physical things like eating, exercising, walking during the day, weight, etc. I haven´t yet started to measure my sleep. First I need to adjust to monitoring many other things and I also need an instrument to track my sleep. This I will probably start at the end of the year, probably in december. Physical improvement like losing weight will probably take about a year. I trust the power of compounding. Small improvements will probably start having effects later.

My plan is to keep on monitoring things for the next five years. I will also measure success in a five year period. I am not quaranteeing doing that, but I hope that will be the case.

-TT

No comments:

Post a Comment